Kelsie Odis Abbott, of Dalton, Ga. and formerly of the Buffalo community in Scott County, passed away at his home on Monday, Nov. 29, 2021. He was 80.
Life: Odis was born in Scott County on March 18, 1941. He was a member of the Smith Creek Baptist Church.
Preceded in death: Odis was preceded in death by his mom, Lakelee Gibson, and dad, Jonah Honeycutt; four sisters, Rosalee, Josephine, Phyllis Ann and Lue Jene; two brothers, Willis and Bill; daughter, Sheryl Ann; grandsons, Adam and Derek; and son-in-law, Gleason Smithers.
Survivors: Odis is survived by,
• Wife, Laura Abbott;
• Sisters, Sharron and Olamay;
• Brothers, Benny, John and Jerry;
• Children, Reeda Henry and husband T.C. of Calhoun, Ga., Nancy Abbott of Robbins, Faye Garrett and husband Kenny of Oneida, Charles Abbott and girlfriend Susie of Huntsville, and Junior Abbott of Calhoun, Ga.;
• Grandkids, Mitchell, Michael, Mark, Jason, Brian, Travis, Jonathan, Rashae, Ashley and Heather;
• Great-grandkids, Tiffany, Amara, Bella, Colton, Maleah and Kennslee;
• Many other relatives and friends.
Services: Friends may visit with the Abbott family on Monday, Dec. 6, 2021 in the chapel of West-Murley Funeral Home from 2 p.m. until time of the funeral service at 3 p.m. with Bro. Francis King officiating. Committal service will follow in the Black Creek Crossroads Cemetery in Robbins. Pallbearers will be family and friends.
Arrangements by West-Murley Funeral Home.