Robert “Bob” Lee DeBord, of Robbins, passed away on Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021 at his home with his loving family by his side. He was 93.
Life: Born on April 19, 1928, Bob was the son of the late Abijah and Georgia DeBord.
Preceded in death: In addition to his parents, Bob was preceded in death by his loving wife of 71 years, Hazel Flossie Wright DeBord, by son Tony DeBord and wife Sue, and by seven brothers and two sisters.
Survivors: Bob is survived by,
• Brother, Dan DeBord;
• Sisters, Faye Brooks, Betty Ellison, Carolyn DeBord and Jill Walker;
• Children, Richard and Bobbie DeBord, Barbara DeBord Litwicki and husband Jerry, and Steve DeBord;
• Grandchildren, Shane Dorris, Deana and Randy George, Brandy and Mike Weihl, Kristina DeBord, Jennifer and Jason Blackburn, Crystal and Brandon Skaggs, Anthony and Joni Duncan, Melissa Litwicki and Barnaby Jones;
• Great-grandchildren, Kaitlyn and Tabitha Dorris, Zachary Barrett, Chandler Warmanen, Moriah and Joshua Dorris, Austin, Emily and Riley Weihl, Braden, Kelsey and Chloe Blackburn, Landon, Brinnalyn, Blake and Savannah Skaggs, and Dylan, Olivia and Gracie Duncan;
• Six great-great-grandchildren;
• And many other relatives and friends.
Services: Friends may visit with the DeBord family in the chapel of West-Murley Funeral Home on Thursday, Oct. 21, 2021 from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. Funeral service will be on Friday, Oct. 22, 2021 at the Mountain View Missionary Baptist Church, beginning at 11 a.m. with Bro. Gary Wilkinson officiating. Committal service will follow in the Black Creek Crossroads Cemetery in Robbins. Pallbearers will be Shane Dorris, Chandler Warmanen, Zachary Barrett, Aaron Caldwell, Jason and Braden Blackburn.
Arrangements by West-Murley Funeral Home.