Glennis Duncan Acres, of Huntsville, passed away on Sunday, Sept. 12, 2021 at UT Medical Center in Knoxville. She was 74.
Life: Born in Norma, Tenn., Glennis was the daughter of the late Onvie and Imogene Duncan. She was a loving wife, mother and mamaw. She enjoyed spending time with her kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, and other family and friends whom she loved very much. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her. She was of the Baptist faith.
Preceded in death: In addition to her parents, Glennis was preceded in death by her sister, Barbara Harness, and by her brother, Jimmy Duncan.
Survivors: Glennis is survived by,
• Her husband, David Acres;
• Children, James Lloyd, Anna Sexton, Ronnie Lloyd, George Lloyd and wife Pam, Wilma Leib and Dock Lloyd;
• Brothers, David Duncan and wife Dianne, Dilson Duncan and wife Blanch, Billy Duncan and wife Nadine, Denny Duncan and wife Debbie, and Jackie Duncan and wife Connie;
• Sisters: Kay Bowling and husband Ted, and Patty Ballard and husband Johnny;
• 18 grandkids;
• 13 great-grandkids;
• Several nieces, nephews and other family and friends who she loved;
• And special neighbor and friend, Joyce Carson.
Services: A memorial service will be announced at a later time.
Arrangements by West-Murley Funeral Home.